Federal Tax Return Preparation Document Guide
For new clients: To download our tax organizer please click on the link below this section.
Portal Login (New Clients)
Please upload your files to the portal, we will review your documents, provide feedback, and confirm a final quote. This is our preferred method. If you need a portal log in, please click on the following link:
This link is for existing clients:
Portal Login (Existing Clients)
Common Documents Needed:
- Social Security or ITIN for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Dependent Information (Name, date of birth, Social Security Card)
- 2019 Federal Tax Return State, Income tax paid in 2019 including state refund amount (form 1098)
- Income statements: W-2, 1098, 1099, or Schedule K1, other income (rental, jury duty, gambling, hobbies, alimony)
- Income and expenses for self-employment (or income not on W-2 or 1099)
- Interest and dividends statements from banks, brokerages, etc.
- Investments in stocks (including purchase date), include any property sold, and any expense related to investments
- IRA contributions/distributions or retirement plans (1099 Forms)
- Mortgage Interest, real estate and personal property tax (Form 1098)
- Receipts for charitable donations
- Miles driven for charitable or medical expenses
- Medical Expenses for payments to doctors, dentists, hospitals, etc. Form and Form 1095 for health care insurance payments. The 1095 forms can be obtained at https://www.healthcare.gov/login
- Records for childcare and childcare provider’s tax identification numbers
- Form 1099 -G unemployment income.
- College Tuition Expenses/Higher Education (Form 1098T). Also: Book Costs, Lab Materials, Laptop Costs, etc.)
- Bank routing and account numbers